Thực ra để giao tiếp tốt tiếng Anh trong nhà hàng không khó như bạn nghĩ. Nó rất đơn giản, chỉ cần bạn nắm được cách giao tiếp tiếng Anh cơ bản kèm theo một số từ vựng, một số câu thông dụng và sử dụng body tốt là có thể giao tiếp tự tin rồi.
Trong bài này mình sẽ giới thiệu cho bạn một số kiến thức cơ bản đủ để giao tiếp tiếng Anh trong nhà hàng.
Câu thông dụng tiếng Anh giao tiếp trong nhà hàng
1) The waiter
|What can I do for you?|
|Can I help you?|
|Can I take your coat?|
|Have you booked a table?|
|How many are you?|
|Would you follow me, please?|
|Can I take your order, sir/madam?|
|What would you like to start with?|
|What would you like to drink?|
|What would you like for dessert?|
|How would you like your steak? (rare, medium, well done)|
|Do you want a salad with it?|
|What kind of dressing?|
|Anything to drink?|
|Do you want a dessert?|
|The burgers are very good.|
|Sorry, the hamburgers are off.|
|Is everything all right?|
|Did you enjoy your meal?|
|Are you paying together?|
|May I show you to a table?|
|If you wait, there’ll be a table for you free in a minute.|
|Do you want vegetables with it?|
|Why don’t you try the pizza?|
|It’ll take about 20 minutes.|
2) The guest
|A table for two, please.|
|May we sit at this table?|
|The menu, please.|
|What’s on the menu?|
|Do you want fish?|
|What’s Irish Stew like?|
|We’re not ready yet.|
|The steak for me, please.|
|Can you bring me the ketchup, please?|
|A salad, please.|
|I’ll have the same.|
|That’s all, thank you.|
|Can I have the bill (AE: check), please?|
|This is on me.|
|Here you are.|
|The rest is for you.|
|Have you got wine by the glass?|
|I’d prefer red wine.|
|Please bring us another beer.|
|Could I have chips (AE: French Fries) instead of salad?|
|What can you recommend?|
|Please bring me the bill (AE: check) with my coffee.|
|I think you’ve made a mistake.|
Một số từ vựng tiếng Anh giao tiếp trong nhà hàng
Những câu nói tiếng Anh giao tiếp thông dụng trong nhà hàng
Booking a Table
- I’d like to reserve / book a table for four at 8pm, please.
- I’d like to reserve / book a table for a party of six at 8pm, please.
- I’d like to book a table for two at 8 in the name of Hand, please.
- Could we have a table by the window, please?
- Could we have a non-smoking table, please?
- Could we have a table away from the kitchen/toilets, please?
- Could we have a booth, please?
- Could you make sure it’s a quiet table, please?
Arriving at the Restaurant
- Good evening, the name is Hand.
- I have a table booked for six.
- Do you have the menu in English/German/French …, please?
- Do you have a high chair for young children, please?
- Could we have a table over there, please?
- I’m sorry but I asked for a table by the window.
- Could we have an extra chair, please?
During/After the Meal
- Could we have some more bread, please?
- Do you have a pepper mill? Could I have some dressing, please?
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
- That was delicious. My compliments to the chef
- Could I have the bill, please?
- Do you take Visa?
- We’d like separate bills, please.
- Is service included? No, please.
- This is on me. (When you wish to pay for everyone.)
- Excuse me, but my meal is cold.
- Excuse me, we’ve been waiting for over half an hour for our drinks.
- I’m sorry but I ordered the side salad not the vegetables.
- Excuse me this steak is over done, I ordered rare. I’m afraid this wine tastes corked.
- Excuse me this wine isn’t chilled properly.
Hi vọng với những kiến thức về tiếng anh giao tiếp ở nhà hàng này sẽ giúp các bạn tự tin hơn trong nhà hàng.